Should I go straight to the ER?
- Increased effort or trouble breathing. Skin or lips that look purple, blue, or gray.
- Changes in mental status such as loss of consciousness, confusion, or unresponsiveness.
- Rhythmic jerking and loss of consciousness (seizure).
- Allergic reaction with breathing difficulty.
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that does not stop after applying pressure for 5 minutes.
- Severe burn
- Bone that is obviously broken
Call Kid’s Care:
- Cold, flu, or sinus pain
- Ankle Sprain
- Rashes and minor burns
- Sore throat
- Ear pain
- Animal or insect bite
- General sport injuries
Conway Regional Medical Exchange will connect you to Kids Care at Arkansas Children’s Hospital. Kids Care is staffed by RN’s who will advise as to how quickly or emergently your child needs to be seen and what you can do to care for your child at home.
Unless it is a TRUE EMERGENCY, call Kids Care first.
**Note that if your visit to the ER is not a true emergency; your referral will not be approved.